Thursday, November 10, 2011

bruiser....


Seriously
Brig has become quite the bruiser. He's really pretty tough and doesn't really cry when he falls but he's always covered in bruises and even when he's not, people assume his power veins on his forehead are bruises too. So bruiser he is. 
This one was the daddy of all daddy's to date though. It was one of those mothering moments where I saw the point I could have prevented and I didn't. I felt horrible. 
It was the first day Brooke was here. We were trying to get out the door and off to lunch. She was finishing dolling her girls. I went out to the car to figure out the 3 across thing. Then Brooke and the girls joined me in the garage. Little man must have thought I was leaving without him. He opened the garage door (which has a spring and makes it very difficult). He peeked out and saw me in the backseat. He edged his way to the top stair. I thought "I should go get him" but then I almost had his pain-in-the-butt car seat secured. Then Brooke saw him and said "hi". Then a thud. Then a wail. Then a split cheek that immediately started swelling. I have concluded that he hit his cheekbone on the corner of the 2nd concrete stair. I dabbed it clean, did not put a band-aid on it cause they stress a Briggers out, gave him a dose of tylenol for good measure, and we were off to our fun filled day. He really seemed no worse for the wear. But the horrible instant had longer repercussions.  1 week + of a black eye, cancellation of our family pictures, and a very guilty momma.
Oh the lessons we learn. 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Saddest sight ever. Your beautiful boy all banged up! :(
It makes me groan every time I see it. OUCH!! XO