Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where have we been?

Well you may be wondering where we have been and yes we just got back from a romantic, high adventure three week vacation!

Not really..... it's called work people and it has eaten up all our time and energy. Three weeks ago my second job began... and although I barley working over 40 hours... I am so drained... And of course Nate is basically at work 24/7 cause he just lets it follow him on home.

But here's what my day m-f looks like.... It begins with the morning shift at this lovely salon....




This job has become addicting to me... it's easy, I get lots of hair products, free hair services, pretty environment, and fun people.
Then I go home for a couple of hours and head to the gym. This is kicking my butt... turns out teaching 20 girls between the ages 5-8 takes it out of you. But here is a link to a little youtube action the owners put together.

http://www.youtube.com/user/valleycheeranddance


And then it is home to sleep. I have Wednesday nights off and I've stopped working Saturdays at the salon... so those are the days I play house still, I am just not as good as I was 3 weeks ago. But all in all life is VERY good. We are getting more settled in our new home and working a lot is good for me to not think about all the things I think I need. I am so excited for this weekend to hear conference... I love the gospel and the difference it makes in my life. The role of the gospel in my life has changed so much since we moved to California and I am enjoying the change. Hopefully we'll have something 'real' to post soon!

6 comments:

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Well...for some reason none of your pictures are showing up on my computer...Dang it. I know what you mean about being drained! Life is crazy, and I have nothing to post about either because of school and work suck all my time. Boring. At least you have two FUN jobs! They both sound awesome! I am glad you are liking Cali...I am kind of jealous that you are living in a different state....I always wonder what it would be like to live outside of Utah to see how the role of the gospel changes. I really should try it. Well I am going to check out that video as soon as I get out of class so I can hear it! Have a good conference weekend and take care!

Pam said...

Yeah!!! You updated. Loved seeing the salon and the cheer gym. Next goal is to see them in person. Happy Conference...I miss you! XOXXOO

kennan said...

luff luff your salon... i luff the pink wall coverings, might need them. also, i am assuming that hot blonde with the folded arms and capris is you in the video (yes, i watched all of it)?!?! also, is that a pony tail your are sporting? thats impressive.

Cassidy Clark said...

K - so I didn't realize that that's the Salon you were working at - I know you've probably told me the name a few differnt times, but it just never registered...I'm up in that area all the time - in fact, I was just up there a couple days ago (being very naughty at Anthropologie) and I could have stopped in to say "hello" or bring you a drink or something!

Unknown said...

It is fun to see what you have been up to! I wish that salon was a little closer - I need a haircut! We miss you guys! Jannie

Pam said...

Update, Missy! How about a look at the new hair? Miss you! XOXOXO