Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving: three things I now know


We are always at one of our parents homes for the holidays, which I really like but...
I never have cooked one of those holiday meals. Nor do I have the correct equipment to do so.
I really wanted to this year so yesterday I attempted the feat... although there were a few set backs in the morning with Nate accidentally leaving me stranded for work... it WAS accomplished

Voile!
I really am proud of myself

AND it all fit on my smallish table

AND it was absolutely delicious :)
Now for the three things I now know:
1. Timing is everything
2. If we didn't go home, Thanksgiving would still happen
3. I love me a little turkey

As I am gearing up for departure this week I am reflective on how much I have to be grateful for. I have never been a big fan of Thanksgiving but it is such a unique holiday and it is really a time to give thanks.
This year I am oh so thankful to know and love so many sweet, kind, wonderful people.



3 comments:

Pam said...

Okay...gorgeous table, delicious looking plate and I am soooo impressed with your abilities. Never doubted for a minute that you could pull it off. Way to go, Paigey!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Wow, Paige! Impressive! I swear I could never cook like that - it looks so yummy. I think we will be going to our parents house every year, for sure!!! I love you're look in that first picture haha so proud.

Nate + Cait said...

Hey I don't know if you remember me, but we used to be in San Ramon 1st ward. But I found your blog through someone else in that ward, but I just wanted to say congratulations on being pregnant! Babies are seriously the BEST thing in the entire world! Congrats! Its seriously so awesome!