Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey Trip


Now I must post because it is very important....
but my life is seemingly the same over and over again. Really not a bad thing at all... but a little boring to document.
This same image occurred 2 years ago only with 2 extra drinks (jays and jules)
Thanksgiving at the Clark's
relaxing, small, and delicious
We stayed in bed till 11 watching the Macy's parade and football
Emerged for JUMBO shrimp around 12
Finished preparations and feasted at 2:30
Napped after feasting
and closed the evening with a visit to Cliff and the Jazz game

Nate carved Mr. Turkey for us using the technique they were teaching on the parade channel

He was really proud :)
And our dinner was fabulous. Coleen pulls off the whole feast and makes it look like she's doing nothing more than pouring cereal.
Oh, did I mention it was only a party of four this year?
I guess when Nate was in high school his prayers would go as follows "bless this two parent one kid family" so for this Thanksgiving we gave thanks and blessed our "two parent two and half kid family" :)

And Nate's dreams come true

Boo ya for a win!

AND
these lovely ladies were able to get together :)
(L-R Jobi, Cassie, Jodi, Me, Morgan E., Mandy, Courtney, Whitney, Amanda, Becca, Tory)
Do you remember them?
I almost didn't.
My cheer friends! I haven't seen any of them in almost two years. Thanks to Mandy we all got together.
It was so funny because the first 20 min were a little awkward playing catch up then after that it was like it has always been and made me think "I really like all these girls" and then quickly think "Obviously... there WAS a reason we were all friends 3 years ago"
My friendship with all these girls marks such a fun time in my life and I will always think of all of them in that light.
Anyway... smooches to all of them and I hope to be better about keeping in touch this time.

Lastly, I did indeed make it down to my parents but I ALWAYS fail to take pictures. Life is in fast forward whenever I am at my parents and that is my excuse this time. BUT stay tuned because amazing Nannie has committed to make baby B's bedding and we got some SERIOUSLY amazing fabric for the project.
AND of course we were in poo town for the horrible Utah performance but ALAS, do I not have 100 different pictures of us at BYU-Utah games? Next year baby B will join the rivalry though and we'll DEFINITELY photograph that for him.
Hopefully Max Hall won't hate him too....

1 comment:

Pam said...

OMG...I laughed so hard at the Max Hall comment! Just let it be known that I will hate Max Hall if he hates baby Clark...grrrrrrrr! XO