Friday, July 2, 2010

for postersity*

why do i see things so much differently now that i have a baby?
i don't know but i do
and i'm glad i do cause i sure love my grand parents.


johnnie belle
this lady is such a silly woman
so enthusiastic, 100% personality, and she told me that nanna said "bald babies are best"
which they are.





grandma billie is currently residing at my moms
it was so nice to have her around. she's harder to hold a conversation with her these days but there is just something about her presence. her watchful eyes remind me of being a little girl and having her catch me rough housing around. she's the same now watching all our kids play and getting nervous about something or another we're letting them do. but i love her and glad brig got to see her every day we were there. she kept saying "he's sure a nice baby".
which he is.


and another note on the grandma page... both grandmas think breast feeding is crazy and are very curious about when/where/why/ and what we are doing. i can't believe for a 100 or so years that formula was thought to be best. but i guess their babies turned out fine too.


and grandpa cliff.
this is brig's only great grandpa and he is the only grandpa i know. my mom's dad passed away before i was born and my dad's when i was just 4. so the past 4 years i have learned who and what a grandpa is. cliff is an excellent model. although i would love to know my own grandpas and love and appreciate phrases like "stinky little note" for myself, i do love that i have cliff. he has upward of 75 grandchildren and i'm sure can't keep us all in line but he is always nice when we go visit . this time i went without nate and was a bit nervous he would think i was a stranger. when i told him this he said "young ladies and their kids don't drive up the back and park, then walk in and go up  7 floors and come up to my apartment to see me for no reason, you just have to tell me who you are" i felt a little better :)
anyway, brig is his newest addition and has already made it into his family directory under 
"nate and paige"
 i don't know why but that makes me smile.


well great grand parents.
we love you.
thank you for making us possible.

1 comment:

Pam said...

You are killing me...bring him back, please??? Brig was a definite hit with the Senior crowd.