Saturday, May 17, 2008

Phoenix

My husbandlessness began two weeks ago and it had been terrible terrible terrible. I hate not having a husband... but to lighten the blow I am living at my parents and my mom swept me away for a week to go visit her mom in Phoenix for mother's day and Robyn in St. George on the way home. It was a nice little trip but didn't make having Nate gone any easier. But at least I know now to never agree to a 3 week leave of absence from my husband.


I love Phoenix and have been visiting since I was about 2. My aunt and her sweet husband Felipe lived there and later my grandma joined them from Cheyenne. My uncle Felipe passed away a few years ago and my aunt moved to Oregon to be close to her kids. So my grandma who loved Phoenix has remained and thus the reason for out visit!

My uncle Felipe was an incredible man AND an incredible doctor. He was a neonatologist and had a lot of respect in the community. SO much that this facility for very sick children dedicated a garden in his name. They recently added on to the facility and had to move the garden so this is the new finished product.


His plaque is usually here but when we visited, it has been taken down for repairs.



On Mother's day we went to a lovely brunch at this nice hotel. It was yum. But here's my mom and grandma Billie.


Mom, me, and Billie


Happy Mother's Day

Me and my Mom :)


Me and grandma Billie... Thank you Grandma for our nice visit!


HUGE fish in the hotel... I remember them from when I was young and I think they've just gotten bigger.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for spending Mother's Day with me! I don't know if spending extra time with you will help soften the blow of your move or make it worse because I will miss having you with me! Love you!!!

Pam said...

P.S. Note those CUTE new shoes I'm wearing. Love them!!

kennan said...

love billem. thanks for letting us borrow the fj.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

umm.. i love that hotel! many memories there. i also think robyn lost her green VS silk robe there...hmm.. Good times...