Saturday, May 3, 2008

We did it!

Graduation....
Honestly, I can't believe it's over at this point. I mean school is a drag but I did love it and I find myself a bit melancholy it's over. The day was perfects though and I can't tell all of you who came and supported us, called, and sent notes how much it means to me. Thank you thank you for your love and support; it seems to qualify for me my education.


Having said a bit about that.... the morning started off a little rough when we arrived at the U and I realized I'd forgotten our caps... oops. So Nate ran home and got them showing up about 15 min late. I love you baby!


Me and Lindsey. She's has the same major as me and we became good friends by the time we finished out degrees. She kind of amazing too... married, has a 2 year old, husband in medical school, finishing her BA in history, oh and her husbands also in the bishopric. Yeah, I know.


Me and Dr. Peter Sluglett. My mentor and favorite Britisher. He made all the difference for my academic experience.

The Graduates! Although Nate graduated in the fall in economics and he's not all about the fan fare he kindly waited for me to finish and did me the honor of walking with me in my college. Thank you honey, it was a great photo op.

My editor and chief, cheerleader, and most of all Mom. Plus we're basically twins.

Mom and Dad with me. And if anyone is wondering, my dad will take the credit for me majoring in History. He "sparked" the interest .

Graduates with my parents. Thank you, you two!

And with Nate's parents. JayDee and Coleen have been so supportive and excited for us, even though this is child #8 to graduate they still made us feel special and that our undergraduate graduation was truly an accomplishment.

Us with both sets of parents

Grandma Johnnie Belle... sweet lady came to support us. Thank you

My whole family. This picture makes me emotional. It is so great to have a big family who loves and supports you in everything you do. I love ALL of you!!!


And as an end note.... my Mom's best friend Jeannie Hodges (sp?) had her daughter in law graduate the same day and somehow they sat right behind JayDee and Coleen. Coleen overheard her saying my name and they made the connection. So we met up afterwards and congratulated one another. Really quite funny though

7 comments:

Pam said...

YOU ROCK!!!!! Couldn't be prouder....XOXO

CharLee Carn said...

Congratulations! Thats awesome that you already gratuated! How exciting! Your finishing and I'm beginning...how sad! Are you moving to Cali for just the summer or much longer?

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I could cry I am so proud of you! Way to go little sister bear. You look beautiful and of course so does Natey Boy. When I grow up I want to be just like you:) I wish I could have been there! I can't wait to see you next week. I love you!

trevan said...

congratulations!! that's awesome and i'm so happy for you two. what an accomplishment. sorry i couldn't be there (stupid work).

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Oh my gosh Paige, congratulations. Good work--that is so awesome you graduated so fast! Lots of hard work payed off, huh? I bet it feels amazing! I can't wait til I'm there!

Jacob and Jenny Mitchell said...

Paige this is Jenny i saw your blog and had to comment! Congrats on everything! Looks like everything is going great with you!

Mark andTiffani said...

That is awesome you two! Congrats! You left for Cali yet? I wish you the best of luck out there, so exciting, but I'm not gonna lie I wish you were here with me Paige!