Tuesday, May 17, 2011

w, moma, ybca

We had an acronym weekend.
Nate had a clinic in the city.
Brig and I tagged along.
Because....
We stayed at the W San Francisco, which is next door to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, which is across the street from the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
phew...
Nate did his work thing and Brig and I enjoyed roaming a .25 mile radius of our hotel.
Aside from getting room service for warm milk at 5 am (no crying it-out baby in the hotel) and it being 5 am when Brig woke up, it was perfect.
Beautiful 75 degree weather and me having a companion to do something my eternal companion will never do with me.
bliss.



we arrived at the museum just as they opened the doors for the day.
Brig was very interested in what was going on in the foyer.


Our great plan of action for the SFMOMA was top-to-bottom.
And my favorite exhibit just happened to be right at the top.


Brig listening to my favorite exhibit.
They have orchestrated the museums boiler room and have it playing along the bridge that overlooks the foyer.
very very neat.


























Do mine eyes deceive me?
no.
That's Wendover for sure.


























Don't remember who/what did this wall but its how you access the rooftop garden and was very pretty




And of course Brig with SFMOMA's only Andy Warhol.
And how cheeky for it to be a tribute to Elizabeth Taylor and the silver screen.
And as you can see Brig was done.
So this was the last piece we saw before dashing to the museum cafe for lunch, which was bad.


And then...
we headed to the gardens.
The big people gardens are beautiful and have a large and very intriguing water feature.
We headed over to kid land for some play.
I mean, after doing a MOMA with me, the boy deserved it.


A much more appropriate water feature was found.


He climbed over and over that 4 in gap.


It was bliss for him



Very near as magnificent as the MOMA to view.
After all.. he is my masterpiece :)



Then daddy arrived....
and took him on the carousel round 2.
Think he likes his daddy?



When Brig is excited to see/be/talk to his dad he starts performing his one and only trick.
Clapping.


They played a few musical horses...


Then went round and round.


It was a very fun day.
We like tagging along Natey :)

2 comments:

Mitch said...

so, so cute! and i'm glad you go to moma ia.

Pam said...

So fun...glad you have your little man to accompany you and your "big" man to tag along with. I won't lie...I'm a little jealous that I didn't get to see the MOMA. And Big is indeed a masterpiece! XO