Thursday, February 2, 2012

a family, a funeral, a reunion

I wanna get this down before I move on in life here.
With my grandmas passing came her memorial service.
Although her passing on Christmas Eve was heartbreaking, the timing made so many wonderful things possible.
 For us Clark's, we already we're planning on being in Utah at that time but it meant Nate taking Brig to be with his family for their gathering and me able to be with mom trying to help her prepare for the memorial service, getting grandmas apartment squared away, and well mostly just being a companion. 
It was priceless and I am very grateful for my hub and his family for making it possible. 
For the rest of the Williams/Ausman family it meant us all being together for the first time in over 5 years.
Like I said, so many wonderful things.


All my siblings together for the first time in 4 years.
We're a handsome lot if you ask me :)

(almost) All the grandkids.... oh Gwynie


And all the grandkids in persona 
(Brig with his ipad, Poppy Greta Bella laughing with each other, Jude standing as close to Gil as possible, Ezzie freaking out cause he's not in his momma's arms, Miranda looking gorgeous, yadda yadda)




My family.
So extremely blessed that we could be there.


Memorial services aren't easy for toddlers but Brig did fantastic.
And I am so thrilled he did because the service was beautiful.
I kept reflecting on everyone in the room that afternoon and how I know almost all their fatal flaws, mistakes, bad qualities but I love every single one of them and am so proud to come from Ausman stock.
What a healing balm death can be.
Love you dearly grandma.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet post Paigey. I agree...very healing and very special. So grateful to you for your much needed companionship and to your dear hubby for making that possible. Sometimes I forget how quietly comfortable I am with you near. Oh how I miss you!! XOXO