Friday, February 10, 2012

Januaries

January is just one of those months.
Nothing happens, and I just let it.
It's nice to have a nothing month after December. Sometimes it gets dull but sometimes I think I need dull. This January brought nesting thoughts to me. But my pregnant body only let those be thoughts and really we spent most of the month doing a whole lotta nothin.
But I will attempt to document some of the Januaries because it helps to actually look back and see that yes even though I feel like the most boring mom around, we did do one or two things thats suited a Brig's fancy.
 Like shaving cream bathtub paint while our carpets were being cleaned.
(pinterest is a wonderful thing)


And building forts on cleaning day


and the fact that I let him run around in a too small onesie while playing in forts.




We even had a snack before nap time in our fort.


And finally we got a day or two of rain. 
It's been ridiculously beautiful here and I have protested by pretending it is otherwise and staying indoors Oh fine. I've been tired.


While trying to snap a cute picture of my lil man puddle jumping, it turned into puddle drinking. 
So many disgusting things about toddlers.
frogs, snails, puppy dog tails... it's what I keep telling myself

 After the rain we had mud
so we ventured into the dog poo covered backyard for an afternoon.
 again... frogs, snails....


Then a little hot cocoa and banana before our 2nd bath of the day.


January also found Mr Clark out of town and working nights more often than usual.
So this pregnant momma took her boy to dinner a few nights.
Brig is a cheeseburger kind of guy and has mastered holding it on his own.


Oh and did I mention this horsey sits outside our dry cleaners?
Grammy and Papa's Christmas $1 have come in handy for this outing.


And lastly, we've attempted a few baby hikes.
running, throwing rocks, picking our own trails, watching "trains" (horse trailers) pull in, and enjoying being outside in January.

So see?
Looking back I feel much better about January.

5 comments:

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

I adore his rain boots so much! You are such a good mom letting him play in the mud & then cleaning him up after :)

Unknown said...

He looks like such a big boy to me in all these photos. I guess he is old enough to be a big brother. You are a VERY good mommy. XO

TuCk N JuLeS said...

I like to read your sweet blog, even if I am not good at posting comments all the time. And FYI, this post made me finally give in to Pinterest ... and I LOVE it! Congrats on Baby #2, I am sure he will be as tasty as Brig!

Unknown said...

More please.....

Tim and Mandy said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! Congrats on baby boy #2!! That is so exciting!!!