Monday, January 7, 2008

Douglas, Wy

Well, well, well.... How I wound up on a trip to Douglas, Wyoming. My dad's good friend and employee in Douglas, Barry, has a wife, Mona, who got stuck with the high school cheer squad. My dad offered my services to her, and I obliged. So this last week my Mom, Dad and I (Nate was on dog duty) made the drive to Wyoming Wednesday, spent the night, I taught a cheer clinic Thursday 9-5 then we headed home Thursday night.

It was a great time. I don't think anyone (besides Bryce) has ever been to my dads plant in Douglas. So, I insisted we do the trip the traditional Mike Williams way.

First was stopping in Casper for some legendary wings.

I think we've all heard plenty about these

My mom and I enjoyed them immensely

AND we found my dads business card from like 1984 with the old SLC office on it. They're tearing this portion of the restaurant down so my dad took back his old card.

After lunch we headed straight for the plant to make it before it was dark. The plant had been inoperable for 5 years? Anyway the reconstruction is a BIG deal and it was so great to be out there with my dad. He's so excited about his work.

Our first stop on the property was this tank, it is the 2nd largest oil tank holding 15,000 gallons.

We were just following this crazy guy.

Then some how he got us inside the 15,000 gallon oil tank

It was HUGE inside and a little creepy

Oh and this is how you access the inside... we all climbed in AND out.

An old Interline truck hanging out on the property, my dad informed us Jim Blomquist bought that truck.

*Something I didn't know*
Aside from being the CEO of the company, my dad is the official on site painter. Ha he painted the bottom of all these poles yellow. There were hundreds this was just a good view of some of them and as you can see he still has some to go.

Moment of silence please.... This is it, this is the place at 12:00 am 2002... POW... I thought the fam would appreciate ground zero.


AND Mr. Michael R himself getting ready to run some oil.

I forgot to hand my camera off to my mom to take some pics of the clinic so the 2nd day is pictureless. It was some serious work trying to teach those girls but fun. We furthered the Mike trip by having Taco Johns for lunch and me playing DJ on my dad's ipod on the way home. My dad would tell me the song, I would find it, and we all would rock out. Its also quite a pleasure traveling with my mom... she always gets good treats!
Thank you mom and dad for coming with me, I loved every minute!

3 comments:

kennan said...

dad is a beautiful man. i am sure jude would let you borrow one of his flags next time you go up there for ground zero's memorial. i bet it was fun to see dad in his element. have you and nate considered douglas in your house search?

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I love that you did that with mom and dad....you three always were the perfect triangle! How interesting to see Dad's life work. Well documented! I am a little jealous of the one on one time with mom and dad.

Pam said...

Good blogging, Sissy! I can't believe we failed to document that amazing clinic you held! We loved being with you...you are a great travel companion. Nate's lucky!

XOXO