Thursday, September 23, 2010

when you have sisters...

when you have sisters you get to do a lot of things together
the best yet...
having babies together
it really is quite the accomplishment that robyn and i had babies together.
sully may very well be her last and brig is very obviously my first and we could have very easily missed out on this. 
i am so glad that someone knew we were supposed to do this together :)


well this little man was blessed over labor day...
and i am learning that effort is everything in life, especially if you live away from home.
this trip took effort on my part... 2 hour shuttle to the airport, 2 hour flight home, 4 hour drive to st. george, 4 hour drive back to slc, 2 hour flight home, and thankfully loving husband to pick baby and me up from the airport. 
i learned brig is old enough now to have opinions about where we are and what we are doing. he didn't sleep much on trip, he nursed like every 2 hours, and he expressed his great aversion for his car seat by crying, oh two hours of the drive to st george? i was an awesome car seat pacifier at that point.

but

THIS


this was all worth it. 
time with my sisters and my mom.
i especially love staying with robyn.
she and bob are really everyones model on a happy life.
they were made for each other and their family is so sweet.
and plus robyn does everything just like my mom so it's like a 2nd moms house for me.


these two are pretty cute too


robyn went ahead and bought them matching outfits



brig found sully hands


oh and my sister grows huge babies.
sully's almost as big as brig.
brig weighs about 15 lbs.. sully is at 13 lbs and is 3 months younger
oh my skinny boy....


labor day we all went to the pool while the men folk golfed
they had a baby pool which was fantastic for brig. 
he stood for probably 15 min splashin a bit


all and all.
it was hard (could not have done it without my mom) but it was fun
and 
i'm starting to really miss my guy.
it's just not the same without him and he's missing out on all this family time.
yes, i am thankful that he lets me go and foots the bill
but
it would have been such a fun weekend for him: golfing, college football, crawdad fishing, and more golfing. 
but he said it to me while i was gone "i picked my own path"
the semi-unfortunate thing about that...
it's my path too.
enough blue
happy labor day!



3 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I am SO glad you made such an effort to come. It is so nice that we had babies together. The day we took mom Shopping for her birthday was SO MUCH FUN. I hope to look forward to more visiting time. Can't wait for a Midway get away. I love you so much and think you are an AWESOME mom. Thanks again for coming.

Pam said...

You are a champ to make the effort to be there. You can only really do this sort of thing with one baby....so glad you are willing. Can't wait for Midway and I feel your pain with your hubby. When we hook our wagon to someone else's star, we get the residual consequences. Wish I had some great words of consolation. I love you. Hang in there! XOXO

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

Those two look so much alike! How fun that you have a sister that can be in the same situation as you. I'm sure they will be great friends when they grow up! Jealous.