Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's day 11'

First I just have to say how much I love Nate as a father. 
(And how much I love this picture?)




It is so incredible watching each other grow and the new roles we learn to play. I tend to be the type of person who thinks things are supposed to be a certain way. Nate has been my great teacher of "things are supposed to be the way they happen for us". I saw in my mind what a father was supposed to be. Nate wasn't that father, but boy he is becoming so much more than those things and redefining what a father is for me. He adores our boy. Stops by home just so he can see that boy toddle over to say "Hiiii", let's him watch as many Thomas episodes cause he just knows how much he loves them, let's him take as long of a bath as he wants, is so proud of every little accomplishment our boy makes, and would give anything for our little man. 
In short, everything a Brig's father should be.


We strolled down to Dublin for a very overdue visit with family.


These two were pleased about the arrangement.


We spent the afternoon at my favorite hosts house.
Greg and Carie have a gorgeous home with an even more gorgeous backyard that is the most perfect lounging/hanging out/ birthday partying place around.




Brig and all things water = love
Index finger in water, then straight to mouth for a taste


The boys grilled up Curly's famous steaks and we ate, talked, and watched the kids have the time of their life roaming around the yard.


Although Brig and Cleo were border line lucid from lack of naps it turned out to be a grand ole day.

And I think we all couldn't be prouder of our handsome father's.
And to second Coleen's comment when she saw this picture...
look at those arms!

No comments: