Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend at the lake



Carie, Cass and I had the fantastic idea of spending a weekend with just girls and kids up at Carie's lake house.
We have fantastic ideas like this all the time. They usually never happen.
Well believe it or not we did it!



I adore this beautiful lady.
And it is thanks to her this all came into fruition.


There are two different beaches at the lake.
We bounced back and forth from both.
The first evening we went to the smaller one just for some sand playing and fishing.


We were all loving Brig sitting on those cute knees.


Jayden fished his heart out....
this particular evening he caught 25 fish.


Oh and when he wasn't fishing he was building his magnificent tree house.
Safe to say we didn't see much of Jayden :(


Their property is perfect.
A perfect mountain/lake mix with room to roam but still a part of the world.


This boy is hysterical and loves the babes. 
He and Cleo  have the funniest giggle fits together.
And his voice? Every 4 year old should have it.





Before Carie kills me for posting pictures of her, cause I know she has a strict run-it-by-me policy,
I shall preface all the pictures with that fact that part of the weekend instructions was to bring sweats and swimming suits. 
No getting ready allowed.
Oh it was glorious.
We all looked beautiful, special but we didn't care. We stroller walked by morning, lazed at the beach by day, napped, and ate to our hearts desire. We laughed over everything, we searched out their beautiful highscool b/f's then became hysterical at mine. By the time Greg and Jon arrived "Costco outfits""sister showers" "true love" and the like were only humorous to the 3 of us.


The only damper of the trip?
Brig decided to pop both his bottom molars in the 3 days we were there.
It was a nightmare.
I've never seen him so hysterical. Nothing I did appeased him, ibuprofen barely touched them, sleep was elusive. So I wound up holding him and apologizing for his fussing the majority of the trip.
My poor baby boy... his gums were raw and looked like they were bleeding :(


It's really to bad cause I think he would have really enjoyed everything otherwise.
He did tromp around in the sand long enough for me to get a few cute shots.


This girl is 100% original.
I love her to pieces, and as you can see she likes me too :)
Her kisses are delicious.


Oh it was fun and I hope we do it again next year!
Thank you Carie!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Looks heavenly. What fun SILs you have!