Saturday, May 12, 2012

Easter 2012


We DID have Easter at our house! Yay!
My boy was adorable, my easter dress had grown too small :(,  church was a brutal barrage of "any day now's", and dinner was well... made.


Everyday around here is an early day... so when Brig awoke at 6:00 and I became a zombie on the couch. He pretty much discovered his easter loot by himself. (thank heavens that bunny came before the sun arose!) But by the end of the morning we'd ingested our resurrection rolls, made it to church on time, and I even managed to make resurrection rolls for the YW's fabulous Easter lesson my advisors taught. It was good, and so good to have this day to reflect on our Saviors sacrifice and gift to us all.


The day before Easter we trekked down to Dublin to attend Cass's toddler "eggstravaganza".
I'm lucky she's so amazing and threw a beautiful toddler party because really we got all the necessary festivities accomplished with very little effort by miserable pregnant woman.
oh, and are you in tears by my adorable little easter egg boy?
I was...

Daddy is always more fun with a pregnant momma.
He helped Brig rock the egg hunt.


oh, the discovery.
what must he think? eggs? with candy inside?
what a novel idea people!
and that basket? So cheesy but so loved by my boy.


As you can see it was a very challenging egg hunt.
much thanks to Jayden's spreading :)


uh oh.... ya I was there.
and one of the worst parts of being pregnant in the end?
I couldn't hold my boy.
No lap sitting or holding... just side snuggles :(


Cass had about 8-10 of these beautiful huge balloons. Brig wanted one as soon as we walked in. 
of course there were more than 8-10 little tots so any mother knows giving one out is a bad idea...
well half-way through the party daddy to the rescue. Brig got his balloon, daddy tied it to his pants and he pretty much paraded his spoils around the party... then he went wilderness exploring of course. It was adorable, the poor kids Cass had to say no to after this was heartbreaking, but they really couldn't be too upset not with Cass's coloring, cookie decorating, delicious snacks, bubble machine, play tents, and mickey mouse music playing.
And there you have it... again

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG...his Easter attire was AMAZING!! I miss his hair though....just sayin'. XOXO