Saturday, May 12, 2012

TALL ships

I heard the tall ships would be in town first part of April and with Dex's birth looming ahead in the near future and my exhausted pregnant butt I thought I would attempt this fun activity.
I recruited Asher to come along cause at 37 weeks I didn't think I could go it alone and plus he likes this kind of stuff.


They were doing walking tours from 4:00-5:00 pm
So we made the trek out to Bodega Bay only to arrive at 4:05 to find the tickets had been sold out.
we we're all disappointed. It was cold out in the bay and really windy but you don't take a 2 year old and a 12 year old on a 40 min drive for nothin' so pregnant body suggested we walk out on the pier to get a better look at the ships. 
My word I thought I was going to lose my son. It was SOO windy! The pier was this narrow concrete walk-way with insubstantial hand rails and I carried Brig the whole way. Which was at least 100 yards. Asher thought it was great cause really, it felt like a hurricane out there. But I kept having thoughts of Brig falling into the freezing water and big bellied mother jumping in after him and us just both drowning. 
Needless to say, when we finally stepped on solid ground and I could put Brig down, I was relieved.
(If you look closely in the background you can see the cement pier/walkway we walked)


But this guy was cute, and he was thrilled to the bone to have Asher in the car with us for over an hour.
He likes that cousin.
I would have liked to have stopped to get a special treat for these two boys for going on this fools errand with me... but alas, there was no way I was getting my pregnant butt out of the car, pulling Brig out, chasing Brig, all for a cup of hot chocolate. Truthfully, I was dreaming the whole time of how soon I could make it home to my couch, and praying I wouldn't have to stop for a potty break!
Oh, the end of pregnancy is bitter.

But we tried to do something fun and there you have it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love Brig's nautical attire. You are a good sport to give it a try....maybe next year???