Thursday, August 19, 2010

FOOD.


 yummay

my life is crazy right now. well mostly just covered in paint and poop. but i am adoring every minute. really. every night i go to bed i can't stop thinking about how much i love my boy. and every never ending step of painting is actually enjoyable to me because i finally have a house to paint! don't get me wrong i'm ready to be done with my current project and to get out of my mess but i am so enjoying this freedom to make my house mine. a place that makes me happy. anyway, that is partly why i have not updated. i have been up to my elbows in paint, taking care of baby who got his first cold, an annual clark reunion, and hosting enslaving visitors. 

however, before this all occurred i did indeed get unpacked and took dr t's suggestion and offered our boy a little oatmeal.



he actually did really well. 
no aversion but no real love either
but he does this leaning thing.
 i'm not sure if it is a "i can't get to it" position or an "i'm not that strong"








so i fed him saturday morning and saturday evening then sunday rolled around and it was 9 am church and i had to rethink my rational for starting this food thing. nursing is so easy! food you have to prepare then he gets all icky and the rule of thumb is anywhere between 4-8 months right? so i stopped feeding him food. purely out of selfish reasons. and i think he really is ready. whenever he is sitting on my lap he just follows my fork. 
so rude mom that i am... we're waiting till i am done painting our kitchen to really start this food business.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Pretty sure he's liking the oatmeal but you're right...it can wait until Mom's ready. He is too dang CUTE! Can't wait to see him over Labor Day!OXOXOXO

kennan said...

brig is so cute.

his eyes.

i love him.

Justin & Kristi said...

Paige seriously I love your posts about Brig. Ah I cant wait for Crew to arrive! I am praying he is as cute and fun as your one is :). Where is California do you guys live?

Coopers said...

i didn't have zac even taste any baby food until he was 6 months. i had the same thought "why go into all that trouble?" you are totally fine waiting. not a bad mom at all.

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

PLease please post pictures when you have your little home painted!