Wednesday, November 17, 2010

my bister

my big sister robyn.
i have loved her forever.
And know what's funny? she's my oldest sister, but at this point in life, the sister i spend the most time with and have a closest relationship with as an adult. we always find ourselves visiting my mom's at the same time which results in fantastic late night and getting ready talks. and the cherry on top? 
we just had babies together. 
it is the most fun.
she is my go-to for everything
bob robyn had a fantastic idea of her coming to visit with sull's
and
she did it!
really, we had to too much fun doing pretty much nothing.



she got in late so brig and sully didn't get to say hello till the next morning



they were really excited about eachother ;)


and sully found his toes for the first time that morning!


brig had his 'dumb' smile on the whole time we were on the bed


we bathed them together.
she has a dolphin in the tub.
it was all too cute
and
surprisingly, brig was super gentle with sully


we went to the beach because fall is the best time of year to go beaching in northern california
really... it was nearly 80 degrees.





we went with bryce, asher, and miranda
cute asher... he used to crawl like this when he was a baby


amazing mr sulls seemed to quite like the beach
or maybe it was all the mommy holds



my pretty pretty sister


oh and this?
i didn't intend to let brig play in the sand
but
he loved it
that is until i took his binkie out and he put a mouthful of sand in his mouth.
he immediately turned to me and started digging his head into my chest.
i obliged... i guess he needed to wash all that sand down.


all i have to say is

robyn
come back

i need more late night girl talks, stroller buddy-ing, cooking companionship, and braids in my life

way too much fun :)
thank you for the visit sister bear
i love you!

4 comments:

Pam said...

You two just marked a moment in time that will never be forgotten. So glad you "seized the moment" and went with the idea even though it wasn't particularly easy or convenient. Love all four of you!! XOXOXO

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

I have heard sand & breast milk really taste well together! Cute Brig, I love his "dumb" smile..

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Oh what a sweet post! I will always remember this trip. It was so fun to be with you and Briggy. Your house was delightful and so was the company. I ADORE my Butter Crock and our all day chats. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you little sister. Thanks for the wonderful get away.

p.s. I promise that I was as crazy about you as a baby as Gwyn is about Sully.

kennan said...

i want to go to there.