Tuesday, November 1, 2011

pumpkins.


I kind of don't even want to post this because pumpkins were a horrible experience this year.
We tried 3x to go get pumpkins first week in October, all to no avail because pumpkin patched don't want to be open when it's raining? 
who doesn't just put rain gear on? 
I guess a lot of people....
Then we made it to this local, family owned, trying to be a good member of our community patch, which we went to last year, only to enjoy the grounds, pick our 2 pumpkins, and pay $35 for them.
sickening.
I was wanting to spend $35 on pumpkins, just not 2 pumpkins, and I was just kicking myself for not picking up the 3 for $10 I kept seeing at my daily haunt to the home depot.
Anyway, Brig was cute so I guess that can be worth something.


Again, I'm always impressed that he knows just what to do.
He frolicked through the lines of pumpkins


then climbed on atop one
and fell off
then he picked his perfect pumpkin.


We discovered he loves wagons.
and he happily bumped along with his pumpkin while daddy ran them about.


We observed the resident bovine.
And the moo they gave him was the loudest most up close and personal moo one can get.
He was a little scared.


My busy boy had a busy old time
and his ornery pregnant mother even got chinese food for dinner after the unpleasant experience.
Some how it made things better... even if I cheer the day Target finally overtakes this little farm each time I drive by.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cutest little Pumpkin Patch Kid ever!! XO

Chatty Natty said...

Just as long as it's not Walmart. I can always handle Target. And I can never tire of seeing Brig's cute photo-happy face.

Nate and Paige said...

oh don't worry walmart is just a hop skip across the freeway from this joint... I'm hoping target will bring a little class to the scene.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i'm waiting for a black eye post