Thursday, December 8, 2011

Halloweeeeen

December 8th.... no comment


Our family festivites started with our ward trunk-or-treat


we we're "ugly monsters"
I had this vision months ago and would not be persuaded that Brig should be anything else.
A mix between an ugly doll and a monster from "where the wild things are"


Brig looked adorable
the trunk or treat was lame.... again.

and no one knew who or what we were.
It was a flash back to my 7th grade halloween costume... I could have had a cute homemade fairy costume like Brooke but instead I had my mom whip up an original Paige costume. I think I was supposed to be a mystery man
(Its really to bad the boots didn't fit in the picture. Oh and my hair is crimped.Oh and yes Brooke was hot in Jr high)
Who knows why I do these things...
Anyway,
Two great Halloween lessons learned this year:
1. have your child be something people recognize
2. Hand out candy (playdough is apparently lame)


But I loved Brig playing in his daddy's legs while we waited in line for some chili


and his mad dash for mom

Halloween Day....
Nate had to be in San Diego for the day 
and you betcha' I wasn't having no Halloween by my lonesome
So I headed down to Dublin for some cousin time.


Cass and I were awesome moms and took Cleo and Brig to play at their very awesome pumpkin patch


 brig sported his too small mummy shirt one last time.


They spent quite some time in the corn pit.

 Brig however preferred swimming in the corn and sampling kernels.
yuck.


we found a "moo brig"

 and another brig favorite.
THE WAGON


hands down the best part of the pumpkin patch for little man


He and Cleo gave each other rides round the patch
It then was time to round them up and get our trick-or-treat on.

 Brig began to suffer from no nap by this point....
but the white fluffy suit could have something to do with the ornery-ies as well... who knows?


But his love for an uncle Jonny and a red wagon helped a bit.


yes those sparkly eyes are tuned into Jon.


we trick-or-treated at Greg and Carie's and they so kindly fed us amazing Amici's pizza.
I had to document Brig eating pizza though... who doesn't love pizza front first?

 Then Cass and I rolled the toddlers round the block. They sat comfortably passing candy back and forth to each other as we rolled by front doors.


I'll finish with this picture.
It was the scariest house we hit and as you can see, their responses were hilarious.
All in all Halloween was a great success with no Nate and all.

3 comments:

Pam said...

L-O-V-E this post! And Cleo's hair is hilarious! Looks like a fantastic Halloween. You are a good Mommy. XO

Eileen said...

I really love the picture of Brig swimming in the corn!

Jannie said...

I love your blog, Paige! You make me laugh! :)