Thursday, December 22, 2011

Leaves

Here in Sonoma County, racking leaves is a December activity.
So Brig and I spent an afternoon in the backyard.


It's funny we don't play in the backyard as often as I would think. Mostly cause I've got to do a poop pick up, and Brig will really only play outside if I am out there with him.
He was a particularly good helper on this occasion however.


I even made him a giant sliding leaf pile.
I have the best memories of racking leaves in our huge yard growing up.
Dry crunchy oak leaves we used to put in massive piles and take turns having my dad throw us in. (Really, how do you not get hurt doing that kind of thing? )Then my mom would help us make "houses" out of the leaves and we'd play in those houses till dark. Something so magical about the times you remember your parents actually "playing along" with you. I'm determined to be better at it.


so blurry, but he was so excited.


We really only have enough leaves for one pile at our house. But that seemed to be plenty for a Brig.


he's saying "gooo"


and it was a hit.
See? he's signing more.


Oh, and he also finally ventured into the dog house. He seems to think it's his own club house.
Oh well, at least someone in the family is using it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had lots of leaves that needed his help....and I loved playing in the leaves when I was little....so I played with you and the cycle continues....XOXO