Thursday, June 28, 2012

2 weeks of bliss: part I

Looking back on this whole Dex birthing affair it was difficult horrible end of pregnancy, crazy not-paige birth, then I had 2 weeks of absolute bliss. 

Part one goes to this favorite mom.


She got on the plan first thing after Dex was born. He wasn't alive 13 hours before he met his Nannie and here is him meeting her.
I posted this on Instagram and Kennan keyed it
"All is right in the world now that Mom is there"
and it was.



I love these pictures I snapped on the last day my momma and daddy were here.
When Brig and Dex look at these eons down the road they will be able to see for themselves how much Papa mike and Nannie love them. That my friends is something priceless.

(Brig, I loved Nannie's underdogs too when I was little)

My mom just knows what to do.
She cooks, she cleans, she does baby whispering and child rearing, and treats her own daughter like a princess. I really feel like I cheated getting my momma here with me for a whole 8 days. I am so sorry Brooke that I took her after only 48 hours, but I hope you know I did not take one of those days for granted and will always look back on this time as blissful.
My Brig loves that Nannie and really was quite the Nannie sponge.
If there were three things a Brig would take away from the Nannie stay it would be:
1. "are you kidding me" said after one crashes trains, and with an iron fist
2. The Nannie builds a mean track. Really though, it's a skill.
AND lastly, maybe most importantly
3. Accidents Happen. The birth of Brig's favorite roundhouse tune and *orchestrated play
*more on this later

My daddy came to retrieve the Nannie and stayed 2 nights.
Although the dynamic completely changes with his presence, I am so glad he came and met my boy.
He was a great train mate and Ipad sharer as well.
That makes Brig happy.



The best part of the blissful week was that Brig got to know and love his grandparents better and I only had to worry about one delicious little baby.
Don't get me wrong, that Nannie got her Dex time.
Night 4 to be specific, he would settle for no one but her and wound up spending most the night sleeping with her. A lovely break for both Mom and Dad.
And her pancakes? Deliciously crispy just like I had them as a kid and I think we had them 5 out of the 8 mornings she was there. yum.


And my Dad, he was on good behavior and really played lots with Brig.
This picture? I keep telling my parents how old they are :) I mean they are getting old but I say it endearingly and kind of in a surprising way because I know they are old but I see glimpse in them like this all the time where it could be my 19 year old silly Dad sitting in a rocking chair. I will always see their young hearts.

Oh momma, thank you for the greatest baby gift you could every give a daughter. I will cherish this time forever and yes I do recognize how incredibly spoiled and selfish the whole affair was, but OH! it was wonderful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post makes me smile at the happy memory of a very sweet week. XO