Friday, June 29, 2012

2 Weeks of Bliss: part II

Part II of the blissful weeks goes to Nate's parents.
Can I just say I love having another family?
That I love being a Clark?
I joke with Nate that at this point his family is the biggest plus about being married to him.
 My parents left on a Saturday, Jon & Cass and Jayson & Julianne came up Saturday night, and Sunday?
 Coleen and JayDee arrived.
They both stayed in our home, which is a rarity, and though I am sure it wasn't as comfortable as other accommodations may have been (Jaydee trying out his inflatable mattress & sleeping bag in my living room ha!)
They pampered and spoiled us (new porch swing, new baby cloths, and new dressy for mom)
They took Brig on outings everyday to give me some time to my self
Indulged Brig in any treat or activity he would like (after two weeks of this he puked in his sleep after day 2!)
Coleen made the most fantastic meals out of what I had in my fridge (A rare gift indeed!)
And we all watched a movie or Bill O'Reilly together every night


And of course we did the Grammy routine
- Get that baby asleep and hand him off to Grammy
- Let Brig watch a movie at bedtime so she could get her snuggles in
- And most of that done in her lovely after 5:00 wardrobe :)
But I really love this picture because it is so Grammy.
Sleeping baby, and her hand on their head.


And this man?
Sure love him!
And he only holds babies in his left arm due to the non-working right bicep these days ;)
He was wonderful. Such a trooper for hanging out at my house most days. All day. He took Brig on long walks, did the grocery shopping and was there to get along.
He taught Brig a new trick as well the "pull me up". So dang cute when Papa puts out his hands and Brig tries to pull him up.


My boys have two sets of beyond wonderful grandparents who truly love them and their parents
And although I know in the world of in-laws it can turn into a compare this, compare that kind of game. There is nothing to compare with my family. They both love in such different ways that is unique to them and it makes their relationship with my kids so very unique and special. It is amazing to see Brig recognize this already. And for me?
I feel so lucky and blessed. And so thankful to have had 2 weeks with our family.
Cause our family is wonderful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very blessed indeed! So grateful your other family is beloved by you and your kiddies. Such a wonderful perk that came with your handsome hubby...