Friday, June 8, 2012

little bug

 Am I being so unfair because I am not documenting how much I love my Dex?
I feel like I am so let me introduce my little bug.


I call him my bug. 
Short for snuggle bug.
He loves putting his arms in this position, all snugly and secure.
It melts me. I try to swaddle him in this favored position but usually his arms break free and that never makes a little bug happy. 
He loves a warm body, particularly his momma's warm body, any warm body will do but I know I am the preferred :)
Because he loves a warm body, he hardly leaves my side.
I would say 90% of our time together is spent laying down snuggling, next to my warm body.
It lulls him to sleep hungry, poopy, doesn't matter laying next to his momma will put him right back to sleep. I have to be careful of this.
I was always to nervous to have Brig co-sleep with us and for some reason felt like I needed to get my infant into a serious schedule and habits right from the get go. Then I read somewhere that you can't spoil infants (0-3 months). It's the 3 month mark that they become babies and start needing routine. I am   taking that philosophy this time around. If Dex wants to be held, by goll it would be my pleasure! If Dex would prefer sleeping next to me versus 1 foot away from me, by goll come on over Dex! If Dex would rather ride around the store/the park/the house in momma's sling well, he just weighs about 10 pounds and what's that to the 30+ I was carrying being pregnant? So you see, I am indulging every whim I can with him because A) I know how fast this goes now! and B) There definitely are those times he just gets to cry when I'm taking care of the rest of life (i.e. brother, driving in the car, making dinner, etc).




The next thing about Dex? 
He's just velvety
I think you can see it in this picture.
Brig was bald Dex has hair, and it is strawberry blondey velvety delicious.
And it grows on his ears and arms.
It all make this bug very snugly.


I love his cow-licks on the back of his head.
I thought they would go away after a couple weeks. 
They're still there :)
He also has very goopy eyes which I hate! 
It is so sad, but the Dr says it just clogged tear ducts and it can last till about 12 months :(



He is perfect.
He is an angel baby.
He is a good baby.
I kept telling myself Heavenly Father had to give me an angel baby this time around, half joking of course, but he did. He hardly cries, he eats more like every 3-4 hours, sleeps well enough, has better bladder control than Brig, and really just fits perfect.

AND now for his two week stats which coincide with these pictures:
Height: 19.5 in (the are terrible measurers) 
Weight: 7 lbs 13.5 oz
Head: 34.5 cm

He was well, not quite to birth weight, but well.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for Wednesday so I can snuggle the little bug! (Oh, I will be glad to see you too!) :) XO

Andrea Ingersoll said...

That post makes me so excited to become a mom!!! Adorable!!!!

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

This photos are to die for paige!!! Especially that last one, angel baby describes him the best because he seems just perfect!