Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back to the mission

So for Nate's birthday he wanted to go back to San Antonio to visit his mission. So with our airfare credit and his cousins sweet Marriott rates we booked the trip(thanks Charlotte). Well it was a treat! Sometimes a little long... but very good to see where my man served. The first two days we went to his areas. Ghetto. I didn't really appreciate Texas because all I was seeing was ghetto. So this segment will be Nate's apartments, I know exciting.


Nate's second to last area and our first stop. South Zone.


This is how you know where the missionaries live.

This was his first area further again in the South Zone. Nate was really excited about our whole trip and quite crazy... Really the people we visited almost all commented on how BOLD Nate was. I experienced some of it, he couldn't remember which house was this kid he taught so he just knocked the whole street to be safe. Seeing as we were in the ghetto I just sat in the car with doors locked.


Carrizo Springs. This is a border city and very small and kinda crappy. Nate LOVED this area... he was there for seven months. I have no idea what he could have done in a town that small for seven months but oh well. There were a lot of people Nate really loved here and luckily we caught a few of them on a short visit.

Oh and yes he did try knocking on all the apartments he lived in. Forgive me I am missing one other apartment we visited in Austin, but by the time we got to Austin I wasn't as enthused. It looked the nicest though

Oh and this is the little church in Carrizo Spring. Isn't it cute?

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love how excited and into it Nate looks! Neat experience!