Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Santa CRUZ!

So we've been meaning and meaning to drive down to Santa Cruz to see some beach and boardwalk action... and finally Saturday around 4 pm we decided on Santa Cruz vs. the 49ers game(I'm not ready for football yet).
I have such fond memories of all these bay area destinations due primarily to my brother Brad. For my 14th (maybe 13th?) birthday Brad took me to the radiohead concert at Shoreline. Of course I lived in Utah so we flew out and he showed me around like an expert tour guide and let me hang out with him and his buddies. It was such a fun trip for me... I felt so OLD and I was absolutely ecstatic about anything radiohead at the time. Well, I couldn't wait to rediscover Santa Cruz with Nate!
It was warm in San Ramon when we left.... but so COLD in Santa Cruz!
I know.... Northern California beaches are sooo pretty:(
Neptune's Kingdom!

On a side note... when I was here with Brad we had made 5 year predictions. It's so interesting contemplating what you think will happen and what does happen in life. I mean it's not like my life has just happened without me... I've made the decisions the whole way and am responsible for where I am, but looking back 7 years ago at what I was and what I wanted to become and what I am today is such a difference. I was younger, hopeful, hungry for everything, and trying to be 5 years older. I would say today I am young, less hopeful, and less hungry, but still trying to be 5 years older. Ha... here's to another 5 Santa Cruz!

7 comments:

Pam said...

You look oh so cute!!! Perhaps a look at the weather forecast would bring you better results??? I miss you! XOXO

Pam said...

P.S. Will you make me a CD with some of your songs on it?? I love the Kalai "On My Mind" and most of the others too!

Danielle said...

Fun trip!! It's Nate's cousin Danielle by the way! So fun to see your blog. Send me your email address so I can add you to our list!
francisdanielle@yahoo.com

Vanessa said...

Sister,

I had almost forgotten about those 5 year predictions. I can't remember exactly what you said, was it fashion school? Anyway, I love ya, and I am curious to what your new 5 year ones are, and by the way... look how far you have come, you have accomplished a lot.

Love ya,

Brad

Christa said...

Nice pics. Nate, have fun at the game on Saturday. Go Wolverines!

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's Goldie. I just thought that I would let you know that I have been growing my hair out for quite some time. But, I just saw your picture and your ADORABLE haircut and now I want to cut my hair... EXACTLY LIKE YOURS!

trent and rach henderson... said...

cute pics guys!