Monday, March 29, 2010

One Week Old

I can hardly believe it has been one week.
I've had my little man for one week.
Oh how my life has changed and oh how I love that it has

Who knew someone so little and perfect could cause you so much happiness, stress, anxiety, joy, tears, and bliss in 7 short days. Sometimes I feel like I can't do this and that I was not cut out to be a mom, then other times I feel like this is what I was made to do.
He is constantly on my mind and I can't help but hold him as much as possible (nannie says i'm a holding hog) but I just love him so much I want him all to myself. To say he is easy would be a lie but he is the best thing that has happened to me. He is an appendage. I can't imagine my life without him and I already kind of don't want him to grow up.
*sigh*
Brooke came out for a few days to help show me the ropes of motherhood. I am in her debt. She was just what I needed. My mom is my mom of course and I am still trying not to think about her leaving in two days ~gulp~ but my sister had a way to let me know this is something I can and will be able to do.
AND
she may take my favorite pictures ever and brought some of her gear to shoot my beautiful boy
....
Enjoy


He is the sweetest thing in the world.
He's my little turtle.
Happy birthday little love.



p.s. these are the things every mother should have in her Week One Survival Kit:
1. A mom to come stay and help
2. aden+anais blankets
3. Medela breast pump
4. Sterilizer
5. Depends ha ha
6. Vanilla Pudding

well... at least those six items have made ALL the difference for me this last week :)

5 comments:

Andrea Ingersoll said...

those are sooo adorable & you're posts are making me baby hungry - just so you know.

Cassidy Clark said...

BRILLIANT and absolutely beautiful pictures!!! Props to Brooke (and our prefect little model boy)! Oooo, I MUST come and snuggle him again immediately.
Love,
Cass

Pam said...

Baby heaven...that's where I have been! And you are NOT a holding hog...just a blissfully happy new mommy. You make it look easy and will be the best little mommy on the west coast! Dreading Wednesday...:( XOXOXO

Tiffany said...

Congrats! He is gorgeous.

Tory & Zack B said...

He is such a little doll! My ma and I were just going on about how adorable he is as a new born! I'm happy you are doing well! Much love!