Sunday, May 30, 2010

7 brides for 7 brothers




it's actually really funny to me that that is a reality for nate's family.
7 boys 1 girl and consequently 7 wives. we get together as clark's at least twice a year. it is always fun and quite eventful  usually us wives, well me, look at it as brother time though. 
my oh my nate loves himself some brother time. we've been saying for years that the girls are going to get together and it finally happened this last weekend. additionally it marked brigs first trip.
oh, and did i mention that 6 of us wives had ourselves a baby in the last 12 months?

amazing


my beautiful sil's at dear lizzie
carie couldnt make it :(


first bravo to this lady for making this whole thing possible.
8 kids is a feat by anyones standards but 7 daughter-in-laws ? that's tough..
thank you coleen for bringing us all together

oh alright.... from l-r
(ray 12 mo, cleo 5 mo, sorelle 7 mo, brig 2 mo, savannah 9 mo, abe 11 mo)
and yes, they are all that amazing in real life


anywhere we went was two babies to one mom in the middle
so this was us on our way to dear lizzie


him learned to love his car seat this trip
sad news though.... he's outgrown that snuzzler :(


we lunched and shopped for three hours at that little shop and enjoyed trying to find what we wanted for our "credit" coleen gave us, oh and julianne and savannah entertained us all with their fashion show




our dear lizzie goods
artfully displayed by coleen



my goods
love me some pjs



sissy took these our first morning and i was really embarrassed at the time (we had stayed up soo late and i was soo tired)
i really like them as time goes by though
cause really, i love napping with brig



i think he likes it too


one of the best things about this trip? 
i became liberated!
i am a professional in public nurser and changer AND i'm not so afraid of germs no more.
i actually don't put hand sanitizer on every time i hold my boy


what an amazing trip though.
6 adorable babies, 8 incredible women, late nights, delicious food, good conversation, and a shared love for clark men.
thank you to coleen for making it possible and nat for allllll the planning and organizing you did.
i myself loved every minute.






* side note: during the onesie photo shoot brig was attacked.... well cleo has just barely learned to sit up and it was asking quite a bit for her to stay sitting so long. consequently she slowly drooped until she found a nice resting spot on brig. he didn't like it much and it actually caused a ripple effect of all babies crying which lead to the end of our photo shoot









part I



6 comments:

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

well i am jealous.
can't i be a pseudo-clark girl?

and why are we napping in a jacket?

Pam said...

OMG...I think you had a fabulous time and in the future I think Coleen should have me come along as her assistant. I know I could be helpful and would have a GREAT time with all the gorgeous Clark women. Kudos to Coleen for pulling this off...great memories that will be treasured for a life time! XOXO

kennan said...

7 boys? thats about 5 too many! but at least all their wives are all beautiful.

next time we are all tagging along because i need a few things from dear lizzy on credit.

jealous!

p.s. i like brig the best. get in my belly.

MAEH said...

Looks like lots of fun! I have to agree, I feel like I can breastfeed anywhere now. It's kind of nice being forced to do it b/c you get good at it. Hilarious that Cleo (I think) fell on Brig. That picture is awesome! Also, one more thing, I didn't know they could outgrow the snuzzler - Elle still uses hers. Does it say somewhere on there when to stop using it? I also use little straps that gives some support.

http://www.joggingstroller.com/Kiddopotamus-Cushy-Straps.pro?source=froogle&kw=101321BLUE00000&zmam=24772477&zmas=4&zmac=193&zmap=101321BLUE00000

Chatty Natty said...

Oh what fun we had! The more time I spend with you the more fabulous you become! Nate's a lucky boy and so is that yummy Brig. I sure loved meeting him and snuggling.

I hope we can see you more:o And so loving the new scent in my home.

Pam said...

P.S. Just giggliing at the expression on Brig's face in the pictures with Coleen...he seems a little concerned about the whole idea. Oh how I miss him...and you too!! XOXOXO