Tuesday, June 1, 2010

bookends of our trip


the best part of this first trip home?
brig and i were a big deal :)
i'm not going to lie, it was fun having everyone excited to see my boy
i spent my first night at brooke's and she kennan and i stayed up late crafting and chatting. 
oh, and loving brig of course.
after girls retreat we (brig and i) went on a little road trip with my momma.
grandma billie hasn't been doing very good since she broke both her wrists so my momma went to pick her up in phoenix and take her back to utah. she was going to drive to phoenix alone but conveniently we were in town at just the right time

so first stop on our road trip?




st george of course!



this one loves anything babies
i can't wait to see how baby lamoreaux is going to survive her love

this one loves 'boy'
he kept saying 'let me hold that boy baby"
i think there is a very good reason robyn is having a boy
luckily we spent the night at robyn's and she stayed up for our arrival
we woke brig and he gave her midnight smiles and loves
otherwise, i don't think she would have held brig the next morning. 
her life starts very early in the day at a run and gwyn and gil couldn't keep their hands of brig :)


then we drove.....


our first and only real stop was at the navajo bridge/lees ferry
i LOVE the scenery on this portion of the drive
so when we stopped to feed brig i thought he needed a short walk.





i love this lady


i'll road trip with her any day.
on road trips with this lady you can count on a few thing:
constant snacking, lead feet, open to any music, calls to all her children, hand dancing on the steering wheel, and a little gas.
any time with my momma is a good time
i was so glad i could make the drive with her
[IMG_1543.jpg]
and look?
two years ago almost to the date!
so much has changed but so much is the same. 
safe to say i looked much better two years ago
i feel like i have aged quite a bit.  
i guess i have though, cause i did have to grow up a bit to have a baby
or  it might just be that extra 10 i'm holding on to...

                            

after 9 hours we finally made it.
poor granny needs a little tlc but that's why we drove to her. 
i was quite thrilled to have brig meet her though. 
and to sleep in her house
grandmas house is always the same for me.
i have distinct memories of the twin beds in her guest room that were my moms and i've slept every time i visit.
i remember when she lived in cheyenne i would fall asleep on the drive and wake up in one of those beds and always feeling like i knew where i was even though we didn't visit that often. i could walk to where my parents were sleeping every time. 
same beds in the arizona location and they still have that magic to me. 
i love phoenix... as soon as i step in granny's house i feel like time just slows down. no tv (she only watches sports) no computers, just hot hot arizona, and good books usually.

brig these ladies helped make you possible

oh and almost the best part of our sleep over at granny a's? 
brig slept through the night for the first time
yup like 9-6 
and he's been doing it ever since
boo ya

3 comments:

Pam said...

You, my dear, made the trip bearable for me! And Brig made it fantastic!!! And FYI...I think you look better now than 2 years ago. Motherhood totally agrees with you and the happy state of your being just shines through. Thanks for coming with me. I miss you!! XOXO

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

Paige that looks so fun! Little Brig is getting so adorable! I hope I get to see him sometime. Don't you just love mom time? I feel like after you get married your mom becomes the greatest person on the planet!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

I love your haircut and I think you look so so cute!!!!! I love keeping up with you on your blog.