Wednesday, June 2, 2010

art wind memorial day

it's hard to believe summer IS here
spring was in 100x fast forward for me with all the excitement of a baby
i am really depressed it's over cause that means my baby is old and the magic of it all is wearing off
but i guess i am just as excited to show brig the world as i was to welcome him into the world so it's ok
we stayed in town cause my 10'-11' cheerleaders had their debut performance at the art & wind festival



i don't know the origins of the festival but its every year over memorial day weekend and according to my cheerleaders 
-everyone they know was there-
but i think the "wind" part of the festival refers to the performance kite flying they had




my cheerleaders
(pics stolen from facebook cause i didn't have the foresight to tell nate to do some photoing)



really... what am i going to do when i don't have these girls in my life anymore?
what am i going to do with out cheerleading in my life?
i never think i like cheer as much as i do
but i guess i really do love it



this guy eases any moving pains though
 he goes where i go





best part of festivals?
the food.
we love food



after my cheerleaders performed and we fed ourselves and walked around a bit we sat down to watch some of the kite flying



this was my favorite kite
they looked like a flock of birds



baby boy in his summer duds stretching after having to sit in his car seat while mom worked



yup...



i know...



okay... last one

----

after the festival we headed home and took a long afternoon family nap and made it to a 7 o'clock showing of letters to juliet. it was our first 7 pm showing and it may have stressed natey out a bit cause our baby was up instead of sleeping through the whole movie but baby boy did great. he only made one real cry which forced nate to put his head between his legs in embarrassment (haha) but me and my boy got things figured quickly enough.
all in all it was a nice memorial day and i thought it was super nice... until i made a phone call home.
then my day didn't seem nearly as nice as the day all the williams were having together. only robyn and me were missing. even after robyn told me "they're not having as much fun as they make it sound" i still felt like i was missing out. ah, the price we pay to live far away.
 why do we again?

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my goodness...he has grown since I saw him a few days ago!!! He is getting so cute and chubby. And even though it sounds like you had a great Memorial Day...you were sorely missed! Why DO you live away again? Oh yeah...it has something to do with making a living. In MY world, living will be what is most important...not making one. Miss you!! XOXO
P.S. Thanks for updating!!

Pam said...

P.S. You need a new header with Brigadoon included! I'm just sayin'....

Hayden and Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Brig is sooooo cute! Beck might be catching up to him :) I totally felt left out looking at your families' blogs about their wonderful memorial day! Boo. You know Summer sales... just a typical work day. OH well! Hope you are doing good and let's get together soon!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

i need brig, in that outfit.. RIGHT NOW.