Sunday, June 13, 2010

my boys big week

this week
brig started playing with toys!
well...  he grabs on to them and kind of swings them around
i'm not sure if he really is enjoying it but it makes me feel a lot better as a mom when i need to set him down to see that he actually has entertainment.

my wide eyed boy just gets more and more fun
at times i don't want him to change a bit and when i replace 0-3 onesies for 3-6 onesies i kinda wanna cry... but then every new stage is so exciting. his coos? my favorite. 
today in sunday school i was thinking about all this while we were studying 1 Samuel
there are so few women in the scriptures but the women in the OT are such incredible examples
hannah wanted a child so badly, even if she could have him for just 3 years.
but i couldn't agree more. 
having a baby is such an incredible gift and each day is worth the world to me.  i feel like all the hard work i've done in my life and the sacrifices i've made  (as small as they all are) being able to stay home and take care of my baby is my great reward. 
i hope i get to have many years with brig but i would, like hannah, give my baby to the lord for the gift of those three years.
her prayer is mine as well
how grateful i am for a loving heavenly father
who loves me 
enough to give me this gift

2 comments:

Eileen said...

So sweet Paige. Good luck with the move.

Pam said...

I CAN"T stand it! He is too cute. I need to see him. And I know just what you mean about every moment being spectacular. So glad you recognize it. Love you! XOXO