Friday, October 7, 2011

A shakespearean girls retreat

Coleen and I have been talking for years about how much fun going to the Shakespeare festival would be. I went with my grandma in high school with a group Michael Wilcox took down. We read and studied the plays we were going to see, discussed them most the way down and it is one of my favorite memories with my grandma. I remember feeling so grown up.
Coleen is quite the reader and the kind of person who has her favorite passages memorized and can spout them out in the perfect time, place, and scenario.
Anyway, we finally worked out a time to go. It was last minute, no kids are allowed, and I knew if we didn't just do it, it would never happen.
Luckily it did!

"the globe"
where we watched Romeo and Juliet



Misty and Cass joined and we were the perfect set of 4!
We met up around noon and went and got ourselves tarts before our first show "A Midsummer Night's Dream." They were all they were talked up to be and we even got to witness a man truly hitting on our gorgeous mother-in-law ;)


Intermission we entertained ourselves in the gift shop.
And guess who I ran into there? The Michael Wilcox. I went right up to him and let him know I was Johnnie Belle's. He loves her :)


For last minute tickets we were very strategic. We didn't sit next to each other but we all had aisle seats right behind one another. perfect.


The girls at "Romeo and Juliet."
After our first play, at 2 pm, we went to a lovely dinner at the Garden House. We sat on the lawn and over stuffed ourselves and I think all of us were ready to call it a night. Coleen is the only one who actually did. We missed her but we really couldn't blame her...


Cause this is where we stayed and we had the entire top level to our selves.
It was simply charming. 
When we returned from the play we all climbed in Coleen's king sized bed for a Dickens movie.
We lasted 5 min before we all found our own beds :)
oh and Brig?
He was at the Lamoreaux and happily calling Robyn "Mom"
traitor


We had a leisurely morning enjoyed stuffed french toast on the big yellow inn's big white porch then it was time for Cass and I to hit the road.


What a fun little 24 hours we had.

The return home does however merit a mentioning.
Cass's nicest family took both of us and the babes to Vegas to catch our flight that night. The two little goobers did great. They enjoyed a lovely nuggie meal from Wendy's (sweet and sour for Brig, honey mustard for Cleo), a treat and toy airplane stop at the gift shop, very quick diaper change, then boarded in a timely fashion and seated next to each other. Then a seat change mid flight "because two babies can't sit by each other" and TWO poopy diapers on our 60 minute flight we made it to Oakland. Seriously Brig... those bathrooms are not meant for changing diapers. 
Anyway, it was fun and we made it back to two very excited daddies.

1 comment:

Chatty Natty said...

Should I be jealous that I think my mom loves all you ladies more than me? Cuz sometimes I am but I've decided it's ok.