Friday, April 13, 2012

Birth- Day

Brig actually turned two on his birthday.
Which is March 22.
And Brig was actually supposed to have his birthday party on March 20th.
But his momma was so sick! 
And really... it is a sin to be sick and coughing and miserable with a sinus infection 35 weeks pregnant.
I am sooooooo grateful I am feeling just uncomfortable normal 39 weeks pregnant right now!

Anyway, I pulled out some of the party decor and the night before 'cause I knew we would have an early riser. And I am thankful I forced Nate the week before to do a little b-day shopping with me otherwise this boy probably wouldn't have had any gifts.


Bright and early our chipper boy awoke.


And he was beyond pleased with what he found.


PS ever since the two parents in this house got sick and Nate has been around more in the day time, I have become the lamest. Brig prefers Nate over everything lame pregnant mom.


This is Brig "oooooo"ing


And then a big "Wow"


He had funfetti pancakes
(which don't even compare with my zephyr pancakes)




Luckily, Brig has awesome grandparents who helped make his day very special.
Grammy sent him a card with some birthday money and a picture of her.


He wouldn't put it down and really thought it was the best part of the card.


Nannie gave Brig BUZZ when she was in town the week before 
(how do I NOT have pictures? oh, cause she doesn't come long enough!)
He is still a hit and is Brig's official bunk mate.
Usually arms are around the guy... 
and we just looooove hearing Buzz's lasers go off between 5:30-6:00 am :)


Then Brig woke from his nap and a package from Grammy had arrived!
It was a train out fit and he gave it the appropriate "wow" it deserved

I was still feeling like garbage but couldn't keep a healthy birthday boy inside all day..
So we went to McDonalds for lunch and then I decided we would go to Toys R'Us and Brig could pick out what he wanted from Grammy.



We spent a good 2 hours there... I let him roam and play with anything he wanted.
If he really liked it, I'd put it in the cart and we'd keep going.
He was in heaven and had some pretty good picks.
Then we played process of elimination and I was pissed.
He has been so into Toy Story it's coming out our gils and we already have small action figures.
But I'll be darned if I went through the process of elimination with him 5 x to the same "no" and final "okay"


And he happily walked out of the store with his pick.


New train set? no
Little People garage? no
Toy story garbage truck? no
Guys? okay


He happily played with them for the rest of the day.
We had mac'n cheese for dinner and a funfetti cake for the boy.
He seemed pleased.








1 comment:

Pam said...

You are good parents to even let him know it was his birthday when you were both so sick. Lucky boy!! Adorable 2 year old. XOXO