Monday, April 2, 2012

A Book Shower




I hate showers in my honor/baby's honor.
So uncomfortable for me.
My nicest sweetest friend Amy has been telling me and telling me when I have my next baby she wanted to throw me a shower. 
I kinda just laughed and okay'ed her but when this little man was coming along she grew more insistent.
I tried to say "no, I really have almost everything from Brig" and that we could just go to lunch together or something. But she got me...
I host a book group each month and she just planned the perfect shower. 
She doubled up to have a shower for myself and my friend Jessica (due end of february), planned it to replace book group for the month (thursday night 8pm), and made it a book shower where guests were invited to bring their favorite childrens book to give.
all of the above making me a sucker.


Jessica, Amy, ME


Amy has a beautiful home and really throws the most beautiful parties


and as much as I hate having parties were I am part of the main focus
I really felt so loved to have so many friends there


And it felt so nice to have this little man celebrated.
People are still excited even after you already have one!


We got a good haul of childrens books and not ONE that we already had.
But that wasn't hard cause we only had about 10!
don't judge we visit the library regularly...


I even had some of my loved YW show up to support big ole' sis Clark
I'm sure mostly they came to take a most awkward picture together which is now on facebook of course.


Thank you Amy for being the nicest person and best example.
It was a beautitful shower.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

What a clever shower and I love the idea of giving books. You look so darling Paige!

Unknown said...

I really, really like your friend Amy. She is a sweetheart and I'm impressed she was able to convince you cuz you can be a stubborn one! Baby Boy #2 deserves to be showered too. XOXO