Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Carthage Jail

We decided on our drive home from Indy that we would make a little church history road trip out of it.... well it was a good idea, however I don't recommend it if your 1500 miles from your destination with a dog and very anxious to get home. Carthage is just a little city in Illinois... Luckily the Church puts up bill boards for the sites when your in a 20 mile radius.
Really the church out does itself when it come to landscaping... isn't it beautiful?

Nate with Joseph and Hyrum


The Carthage Jail. Unfortunately my camera battery died right after I took this pic... But that is THE window Joseph Smith jumped out of while being shot at.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm really quite jealous of your Church History site tour. Short or not...at least you have been there. If you wind up out there again next year, I'm definitely making a trip to tour. So glad you two are back home!!