Friday, June 6, 2008

The move

As many of you know... we did actually move. It was a horrific experience and I never wish to do it again although I know we will. I don't know if all moves are like this but NOTHING was easy about moving. We barely got a tenant for our town home in time, we had to do everything for our apartment over the phone and fax notarized crap, it was a holiday and it rained the day we loaded up, we didn't get gone until 11 the next day , and our tire blew out on the car tow, and all the other fun things about moving :)

The guy who rented us our truck was an idiot for sure and gave us the wrong car tow and didn't even know how to lift it and about the time we got to Wendover I noticed one of the wheels on the car tow was wobbly. SO we pulled over and had a guy check it out. He said he thought it was just a bent hubcap and it should be fine but we might want to get it checked out. So of course we didn't get it checked out and kept driving. Well we drove all the way to Sacramento the first day, yeah we drove over Donner's pass and when we tried to pull out the next morning this is what our tire looked like....


So for all the great timing we made the day before we had to wait 2 hours for the tire guys to show up and fix it. It really is a miracle we didn't die the night before driving over Donner's pass.... as bugged as I was that our schedule was destroyed I am so thankful we were safe instead... thank you JayDee for the father's blessing before we left where would we be with out it.... and to you too Coleen for the gas money, believe me it helped!

Aside from all the horrific experiences of moving I am so grateful for family! I've been so excited to move to California and finally be close to Bryce and Lisa and their kids but I didn't know how lucky I was till I got here. They dropped everything and loaded up the whole family and came to our rescue to help us move. They were so relaxed about our destroyed schedule and such incredible movers we got everything done in just a couple hours! Seriously, Lisa is like a man when it comes to moving. AND the other part of family I am utterly speechless about it my MOM. She is amazing and just makes everything better. I am sooooo glad she made the drive out here with us and helped settle me in. It made all the difference. AND Mom you are ALWAYS invited to come stay with us, ALWAYS.

2 comments:

Pam said...

SIGH...you live in California :(
I'm so glad I got to come see your new home...and yes, I'd LOVE to come back. (Don't worry...it won't be that soon, Nate!)

Pam said...

P.S. Love the shot of the tire and so glad we didn't all die! Thank you, JD!