Sunday, June 22, 2008

Opera at the Ball Park


So Lisa keeps up with the SF chronicle and a couple weeks ago called me with this event. The SF opera was doing a live simulcast of their new opera Lucia di Lammermoor at AT&T Park and it was FREE! I was pumped cause I thought it sounded really cool . So this last Friday we met up with Bryce, Lisa, and fam at AT&T park for the festivities... but I forgot my camera so all I've got are stock photos...



Natalie Dessay is apparently this world re known French Soprano who had the leading Diva role. She actually was quite awesome... and I'm no opera connoisseur.




AT&T Park is was awesome.. it sits right on the bay and for the simulcast we got to sit right on the field and watch the simulcast on the HD jumbo tron. I loved it... Nate not so much. He says I 'soft closed' him on the event cause two weeks ago I told him about it and he just kinda said "yeah that's cool.."then a couple days ago we were talking about Friday and I had already been planning on it so I had to turn down other plans for it and he was stuck. Luckily Asher brought his gameboy and Nate was able to occupy himself the WHOLE time with beating Bowser "for Asher." Asher himself was actually following the opera... I was impressed by that!
Anyway, it was a cool experience and such is life when you marry your opposite :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love that you two compromise and go along with the other even though it may not be your 1st choice of things to do! Way to go, Nate! BTW...it sounds like it would be sooo fun to me. Miss you!