Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When Paige Comes Home...

*Disclaimer - I love my Husband


Well, after a long week away and many phone calls I felt very bad for my poor husband home alone and working so hard. I was excited to see him but a little put off about going back to Indy. I took the red eye flight home which was a bit of a pain and was to arrive at 5:00 am Tuesday morning. It is around 5:00 am that it began. I text Nate as soon as I landed to let his poor worrying heart know I was okay. His response: "So should I leave then". Yes my husband forgot to come pick up his wife. I was really bugged but decided I could kill some time by getting breakfast. Well I wasn't going to let the "mis communication" thwart my day. I had been saving the surprise all week! I chopped 10 inches of hair off and wanted to surprise Nate. So I wheel my bag out to the car, Nate jumps out hugs me, puts my bags in the trunk and gets back in the car. I get in the front seat look at him, he looks back, then I shout at him for not noticing my hair. He then says; "I just saw you for a second, you cut a couple inches off" pff... well we get home go to sleep then I awake to this....

The pictures don't really do it justice. Sink is full of dirty dishes, those are my birthday flowers completely dead, no water in them. What a treat to come home to. I spent the day cleaning.


Now I just wanted to illustrate the stark contrast in hair lengths. Would you notice?

4 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I enjoyed this post! Nate may need a little training.... The thing is I saw how many times a day he called...he did miss you.

Pam said...

Poor, poor Nate. He may be a little bit slow on the uptake as we have learned from past experience. But Mike really loves him (especially when he comes out of general anesethesia) and we have confidence that in time he will learn. (I'm sorry that you may have married your Dad!)

kennan said...

i can't believe you married someone messier that us? do you still hate you hair? i kind of love it.

Valerie said...

Ouch! Don't worry, I would have been pissed, too. But I think you're hair looks so cute short!

-Kennan's friend Val : )